Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with keeping and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to have a website, e-mail addresses, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some web hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage plans are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allocate the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web page hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a large number of pics with buddies or colleagues since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your email accounts. Some suppliers provide website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to possess an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to manage as many videos as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video files, etc. At OzeVision Web Hosting, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse compared to the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content exclusively.